Nuri Icgoren’s Favorite Spring Staple
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 large fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
TO PREPARE THE DRESSING
1. In a small jar, combine the white wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shallot and basil. Screw the lid to the jar on tightly, then shake until well mixed. Set aside.
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 medium zucchini, ends removed and discarded
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes in a variety of colors, sliced in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
TO PREPARE THE SALAD
1. Using a vegetable spiralizer, prepare the zucchini using the straight blade according to manufacturer’s recommended instructions. Alternatively, slice the zucchini into ribbons using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss the zucchini with the remaining basil. Transfer to a large serving platter. Arrange the tomatoes and the mozzarella on top of the bed of zucchini.
3. Pour the dressing on top of the prepared salad, then sprinkle the top with salt and pepper, seasoning to taste.