We sat down with Don Purcell, the general manager at Jeffrey to show us what to expect to see as the top trends in our upcoming fall selections.
Tell us what you consider to be the top fashion trends for fall?
- Combat boots for both men and women.
- Statement hats and sunglasses.
- Tie-dye—this is a trend that continues forward from spring, especially for men.
- Leopard, spots, zebra … Animal print is always a classic, but there was a lot on the runways used in unexpected silhouettes.
- Statement coats.
- Tailored blazers, suits and coats …. They’ve been missing in a big way on runways but made a comeback for fall 2019. You saw them at Balenciaga, Givenchy and Bottega Veneta.
- Seventies bourgeois …. culottes, silk-bow blouse, tailored blazer and a great boot. This was done best at Celine.
- Shoes over a sneaker …. especially for men … the sneaker craze has cooled a little.
- Prints with fairy tale beauty …. meaning dark floral blooms.
- Purple was the predominate color.
What is an absolute must?
Combat boot; great blazer.
Is there a color we need to add to our wardrobe?
How about accessories? What’s important to have?
Hats! Big, small, hats with a veil …. oversized sunglasses.
What do we need to toss out of our current closet?
What are you most excited about for fall?
The return of the ’70s girl. Big sunglasses, pleated pants and culottes, silk blouse with a tailored coat and shoe.